- Ph.D., Department of Physics, Seoul National University (2001)
- M.S. Department of Physics, Seoul National University (1997)
- B.S. Department of Physics and Astronomy, Seoul National University (1995)
- (2010 - Present) Associate Professor, Chungnam National University
- (2004 - 2009) Assistant Professor, Chungnam National University
- (2002 - 2003) Post-doctoral researcher at University of Notre Dame
- (2001 - 2002) Post-doctoral researcher at Seoul National University
 ACS Nano (2016) "Coherent lattice vibrations in mono- and few-layer WSe2"
 Optics Express (2015) "Visible-pulse generation in gain crystal of nearinfrared femtosecond optical parametric oscillator"
 Jornal Of Applied Physics (2015) "Coherent phonon spectroscopy of the phase transition in VO2 single crystals and thin films"
 Applied Physics B: Laser and Optics (2014) "Evolution of surface plasmon resonance with slab thickness in hybrid nano-structures of Au/InGaAs slab waveguide"
 Applied Physics Letters (2013) "Coherent transverse-optical phonon generation induced by lattice defects in nitrogen-ion-implanted GaAs"
 Optics Express (2013) "Coupling of air/metal and substrate/metal surface plasmon polaritons in Au slit arrays fabricated on quartz substrate"
 Physics Review B (2012) "Dephasing of G-band phonons in single-wall carbon nanotubes proved via impulsive stimulated Raman scattering"